The gentle sound of the gurgling fountains in the foreground, and the more formidable roar of surfing waves in the back. The cooing of a bird, a twitter here, a reply there. Leaves rustling in the morning breeze, and the sound of peace and tranquillity. Mornings at Villa Tanju are made up of these.
Wake up in your plush bed and walk out to the patio to take in the magnificence of Bali’s volcanic sand beach at your threshold. It’s just you and nature, in these morning hours. Tucked away in a serene part of the coastline, if you’re looking for a peaceful escape, your search ends here.
Four comfortable bedrooms are spread across two pavilions. The master bedroom commands its own pavilion, sitting out front near the pool, with water views all around. The remaining three bedrooms share the main sleeping pavilion, with two bedrooms on the ground floor, perfect for parents who want to sleep closer to the kids, and one bedroom on the first level which opens up onto a wide terrace with a daybed and relaxing chairs to take in the picturesque sea views.
The outdoor tropical baths speak tales of subtle luxury, with sunken bathtubs and pebbled pathways to outdoor showers, all the while maintaining utmost privacy. A study adjoins Guest Bedroom 3 on the first level, with a speaker system and large sofa bed to lounge in. Socialising will mostly be done in the living pavilion though, sitting centrally between the rest. Flanked on one side by the fountains and an inviting pool on the other, the open-sided living pavilion can be enclosed for air-conditioned comfort. Movie nights are always a hit with the kids, while parents enjoy a delicious meal around the ten-seater dining table in an adjoining dining pavilion. And the only other constant, besides the aura of tranquillity is the smiling and hospitable staff that takes care of you.
Villa Tanju sits on the edge of a black sand beach in Cemagi, 15-minutes away from Canggu’s restaurants, bars, shops and beach clubs. But it may as well be an entire world away. An escape when you need one, a warm and embracing home to retreat to, this is what relaxing Balinese vacations are made up of.
- Sloped, thatched roofs and an authentic Balinese vibe
- Comfortable beds with luxurious linen
- Daybeds in the living pavilion around a rustic wooden centre table
- Fans and air conditioners for indoor comfort
- Study room if you wish to get work done
- Open-sided dining pavilion with washed wood table for ten
- Kitchen adjoining the dining room
- Stone paths meandering around koi ponds and gardens
- An ocean view infinity pool
- Pool deck with four sun loungers and sunbrellas
- Rolling garden leading up the beach, with private beach access
- Endless views of a shimmering black sand beach
- Staggering vistas of a temple on a rocky outcrop jutting into the ocean
- Terraces and covered patios with coffee seating and a daybed
- Stone statues of Lord Budhha and a private Balinese temple in the garden
- Commanding its own pavilion, sitting by the poolside
- Spectacular uninterrupted ocean views
- Canopied king-sized bed with bedside tables and lamps
- A sumptuous outdoor bathroom with large tropical bathtub
- Patio with relaxed seating for sipping your morning cuppa
Guest Bedrooms 1 & 2
- Located on the ground level of the sleeping pavilion
- Adjoining rooms, great for families with kids
- One with king-sized bed and one with two super singles
- Both rooms have a study table and chair as well as wardrobes
- Ensuite outdoor bathrooms with sunken bathtubs
- Air conditioning and a ceiling fan in each
- Sliding glass doors to enjoy garden views
Guest Bedroom 3
- Up a circular flight of wooden stairs, on the first level of the sleeping pavilion
- Private and cosy, with a wonderful terrace and daybed outside
- Adjoining the study
- King-sized, canopied bed looking out towards the ocean
- Big chest of drawers and a wardrobe
- Ensuite indoor bathroom with a rain shower
Cemagi Beach, Seseh-Tanah Lot, Bali, Indonesia.
8 adults (4 ensuite bedrooms: 3 king-size, 1 with twin super single beds). Two extra guests can be accommodated on extra beds at an additional charge.
Open-sided living pavilion with Smart TV; ocean view infinity pool; manicured gardens with private access to a black sand beach; dining pavilion with table for 10; koi ponds and fountains; study with speaker system and day bed; terrace with a reading corner; tropical baths.
16m x 5m infinity pool
Villa Manager; housekeepers; security guards; pool cleaner; gardener. Additional staff (e.g. spa therapist and babysitter) available on request for an additional charge.
Breakfast is included for all guests. A chef can be hired on request to serve other meals (extra charge). Grocery cost is charged 20% handling fee which is subject to service and tax at the prevailing rate.
WiFi internet access throughout the villa.
Flat-screen television in the main pavilion; speaker system in study.
Villa Tanju is great for older kids who will love the access to the beach and local temple. Please note that the villa’s steps or koi ponds may require parents to keep an eye on toddlers. Any children’s equipment required can be hired at an extra cost.
In-villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional beauty therapists (extra cost applies).
Villa Tanju promises serenity and solitude, but it is only a 20-minute car ride away from Canggu. A car and a driver can be arranged by your Villa Manager on request (extra cost applies). Car and driver available for 8 hours at a special rate of USD45++/day (excluding petrol).
Safety deposit boxes; generator; barbecue.
2,400 sqm (land)